Bring your privacy expertise in-house and help shape our future as
International Privacy Counsel and Data Protection Officer for Europe (m/f/d)
100% remote in any country of the EU where TELUS International has a presence
The Law & Governance team provides world-class, innovative solutions to the TELUS International group of companies ("TI"). We partner with colleagues across the organization to progress business priorities and deliver outstanding outcomes for the clients and communities we serve.
As International Privacy Counsel and Data Protection Officer for Europe (m/f/d), you will focus on supporting our TI Privacy Office and our global lines of business.
As a highly-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced work environment, you will continue to enhance our strong, collaborative relationship with clients and partners globally, and build effective relationships with members of the Sales and Operations teams on a global basis.
Reporting to the Vice President, Law & Governance – General Counsel, you will work directly with key members of the global business, and legal teams around the world on a variety of cutting edge projects including: privacy assessments, privacy compliance, auditing frameworks including in relation to the GDPR and advise on privacy aspects of customer deals and corporate acquisitions.
Although offices are available, this position is remote "work from anywhere," including your home, in any E.U. country where TI has a presence.
- Act as legal advisor, and first point of contact, for the company on all privacy or data protection related matters.
- Provide support for privacy and data protection matters related to legal and commercial agreements.
- Draft and maintain data protection related legal agreements, such as DPAs, and company policies.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with business leaders by cultivating a deep understanding of their business and providing proactive, solution-oriented advice.
- Display the ability and commitment to work collaboratively and diplomatically with numerous people at all levels in a truly multicultural and global work environment.
- Demonstrate the ability, in a positive, commercial and practical manner, to identify, prioritize and resolve privacy issues quickly and effectively.
- Work with relevant business units to ensure our products and services are embedded with privacy-by-design.
- Fluent in English and German.
- Qualified to practice law in any EU country, and in good standing.
- 5+ years practicing law, with a strong focus on data protection/privacy law ideally in the tech sector, a mix of law firm and in-house experience is a plus.
- IAPP certification and experience with digital advertising is a plus.
- Experience with global privacy laws, including European and US law.
- Prior experience supporting cross border transactions and comfortable managing outside counsel.
- Confident at engaging and interacting with sophisticated stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Noted for ability to examine and evaluate complex issues while demonstrating an ability to focus and articulate important points and effective solutions.
- Recognized for record of successfully managing multiple, concurrent customer transactions and delivering on commitments.
Join our team and apply now!
Our Recruiting Team will gladly answer all your questions at +49 203 3603-1702.
We have digitized our recruiting process and are now offering virtual job interviews to all applicants.
TELUS International recognizes and embraces the importance of values in our ever-changing workplace. To be successful, all candidates must demonstrate behaviors that are reflective of our values:
- We embrace change and initiate opportunity
- We have a passion for growth
- We believe in spirited teamwork
- We have the courage to innovate
At TELUS International, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.